This assignment assesses your ability to listen critically and effectively summarize main points, to structure a presentation logically, and to communicate orally using appropriate vocabulary and correct grammar.
- Listen to the “Should Billionaires Exist?” episode from The Agenda with Steve Paikin.
- Listen to around the 23:00 – 24:00 minute mark (you can stop when the discussion turns to the US political parties although the last 5 minutes is interesting). You may listen to that segment as many times as you would like to gain understanding.
- Using information gleaned from the episode, create a 5-7-minute presentation on Anand Giridharadas’ views on billionaires. Use the moderator’s questions to help you stay focused on the topic. Use your resources on effective business presentations and summarizing for support. Do not try to tell me about everything–summarize into 2-3 key ideas.
- Record your presentation (only audio required, not video).
- Review the assignment rubric to self-assess your presentation before you submit it.
- Submit your audio recording. Use an .mp3 or .m4a extension for best results.