In this course, you will complete a signature assignment which is designed to demonstrate your proficiencies in specific programmatic learning outcomes.
Project: The project is intended to provide you with the opportunity to more fully explore Revenue Recognition for SaaS companies, as well as examine it from a more empirical perspective. The paper should be approximately 10 pages in length (not including a cover page or references). It should consist of at least 3 empirical research articles from reputable aging journals (acceptable journals include: Journal of Accountancy, Journal of International Accounting Research, and Journal of Accounting Research are few examples. The paper should be written in APA style.
- Find and review articles about the revenue recognition policy for SaaS companies.
- Your work should include the following:
· briefly explain what SaaS is
· explain the current US GAAP approach for SaaS revenue recognition
· list any areas of accounting complications for SaaS revenue recognition
· find a couple of SaaS companies and explain how they apply GAAP to revenue recognition.
- You may use as many extra review articles or other empirical articles as you would like.
Signature Assignment Rubric
Grading scheme includes:
Full explanation of topic
Introduction to topic
Background, method, results
Conclusion to paper
Depth of thought: 30%
Provided own conclusions and thoughts
Critical analysis of research
Provide future directions
Written in clear and understandable language
Provides connections among papers
APA style / other requirements: 10%
Includes section headers
Referencing within paper
Reference page at end (with all references from paper)