Write instructions explaining how to perform a particular procedure: Changing a flat tire on a busy highway.
Use the information from chapter 8 in your textbook and the lecture notes for this writing assignment:
NOTE: Depending on your selected procedure, you may find that you have to make up a specific scenario for this assignment. (For example, Sandy is a four year old who hits her peers when she’s angry, so you teach her an alternative to hitting. Mike is a firefighter who has step-by-step instructions on how to properly put on his safety equipment before heading out on a fire call).
This assignment does NOT include research and sources, so pick a topic that you can write about from your own knowledge, something you are an “expert” in. You will lose points if you get your instructions from another source, and plagiarism will, of course, result in a zero for this assignment.
- Must be at least two full pages.
- Must be written in memo format.
- Must include the appropriate format (header and message).
- Must use an appropriate style.
- Must include an introduction that explains the purpose and importance of the procedure.
- Must include lists of materials, equipment, tools, and skills required that enable the reader to perform the procedure uninterrupted.
- Actual instructions must be written in a numbered, step-by-step, detailed explanation of how to perform the procedure.
- Must utilize page design features (headings, bullets, lists, appropriate font type and size, etc.).
- Must include a brief conclusion.
- MAY include (but is not required) one or more visuals for clarification.