Please use the library databases (PubMed or Elsevier Science Direct are a good place to start) to obtain the following article for use in the Week 3 assignment. After you read the assigned article, you will write a 3-4 page, APA-style, critique of the research conducted in the article. Read the article assigned by your instructor and identify the research questions and/or hypotheses as they are stated. Consider the following questions: What are the variables (sample sizes, population, treatments, etc.)? What are the inferential statistics used in this article? Were the proper steps of hypothesis testing followed?
Article: Thakur, M. B., & Joshi, N. (2016). Analysis of self compassion and self-esteem between adolescents engaged in physical exercise in the form of gym with those having sedentary lifestyle. Journal of Psychosocial Research, 11(1), 65-75.
Your article critique paper must
- Determine what question(s) the authors are trying to answer by doing this research, the hypothesis being tested, and the concepts that were applied in this process.
- Evaluate the article and critique the statistical analysis employed in the study.
- Identify the specific statistical tests used. Were the tests appropriate for the situation and type of data?
- Would you have included more and/or different variables? Explain your answer.
- Examine the results, assumptions, interpretations, and limitations of the statistical study.
- Interpret the findings of the author(s) using statistical concepts.
- What would you have done differently? Why?
- Discuss how either the statistical test(s) used in this study or the findings of this research might be useful in your future career.
The Inferential Statistics Article Critique assignment
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear statement that indicates the purpose of your paper, to critique the assigned research study article.
- Must use the assigned article in addition to the course text. Additional sources are optional. You may choose to include a peer-reviewed journal article about the research design or the data analysis method used in the study.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.