Ashford 2: – Week 1 – Assignment
Select an information system used by a medium to large organization. The organization can be in the public or private sector, and it can be one with which you are personally familiar or one for which information is readily available. Develop a three to five page paper (excluding the title and reference pages) that addresses the following:
- Describe the nature of the organization you have selected, its mission, and the high-level purpose of their information system.
- Identify the owner of the information system.
- Describe how you would see the system processes from the viewpoint of the system owner.
- Identify the users of the information system.
- Describe how you would see the system processes from the viewpoint of the system users.
- Describe the system processes from the viewpoint of the system designer.
- Compare and contrast the essential differences in the various viewpoints you have identified.
Format your paper following APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. You must cite at least two scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.