For this assignment, you will complete the essay of the scenario-based case study. The essay should be a one- to two-page narrative focusing on arguments that support what the authors discuss in the attcahment, as well as other research that you conduct related to these concepts.
The questions below may help you to focus your essay on the one or two concepts chosen.
- Were there any factors that influenced the smoke or fire effluent occurrence of the extreme fire behavior phenomenon?
- Did extreme fire behavior involve aerosols (soot particles and liquid droplets) and gases? If so, what type of event happened?
- Were there any effects of the under-ventilated burning?
- Did aerosol droplets from the condensation of gases affect fire attack or rescue efforts?
- Did the radiative transfer from the soot, flames, and hot upper layers in the fire room affect the rate at which the fuel burns and the likelihood of ignition? Did this affect fire attack or rescue efforts?
- What impact did the soot and aerosols have on the ability to see in a fire?
- What effect did the smoke obscuration have on fire attack or even rescue efforts?