Discussion (Around 350 words):
- What are the challenges leaders will face in finding and retaining great employees? Are there differences culturally, generationally or demographically? Include research from atleast 3 academically credible sources.
- Reality Check – Does the research reflect you as an employee? Conduct research on what an employer needs to do from a retention perspective to keep you as an employee.
- Which of the generation categories, as listed in Pita’s article from this week’s reading and any other sources you uncover in your research are you most closely aligned with?
- What were the results of the values exercise you completed for the Unit 1 discussion question?
- Based on the answers to the 2 questions above, what are the essential elements you would require from an employer to retain you? Why?
- How diverse is your workplace? Think about each employee completing an exercise like this and the impact it has on retention? How does this self-analysis give you an insight into the difficulties you identified in your research?
- Pita, K. (2012). Five generations in the workplace. Fairfield County Business Journal, 48(8), 27
In your simulation this week, one item that you will be working on is advertising to include ad copy design, and media placement and ad frequency. As you grow past your Chicago home headquarters, you will need to create a marketing strategy that:
- Presents a core unified picture of your company and brand but also differentiates per individual market segments and cultures.
- Utilizes both traditional (i.e., print media, television, radio) and non-traditional sources (i.e., social media)
- Is cost effective from a budget and resources perspective and can be measured for the Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI)
Assignment Goal and Thought Process
Goal: You are business that is conducting operations in multiple countries. To engage the audiences in the different geographies with and diverse cultural needs, your company will need to create a core message that can be used as a base upon which to create messages that are tailored to each of your audiences.
- Researching best and leading edge practices, including Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI) as required in section 1 will increase your baseline knowledge of how to complete the specific elements required in the 2nd section of the assignment.
- Think outside the confines of the simulation for this assignment. Benchmarking best practices by companies who do this well can be a great resource for you
- The core marketing plan and basic message is based on your vision, mission, competitive strategic plan, 5 Fitnesses and QFD as was discussed in Unit 2 and seen in the Marketplace simulation work you are already doing
- In the Unit assignment, Ethical Considerations in Global Expansion, you created profiles of the possible countries under expansion consideration, showing cultural and other demographic information. These profiles will help you tailor the core message to and the best delivery mechanisms for the product line you have selected which you will describe in section 2 which is tailored to each individual geographic market. Make sure you include specifics on measurement (ROMI)
- If you were going to be presenting this information to your management in a real world situation, and requesting funds to support your plan, you will need all of this data to be seen as credible and win support for your plan.
In a 4-6 page APA formatted paper excluding text, diagrams, and other visual/oral aids as appropriate, you will prepare the following:
- Present a summary incorporating at least three academically credible sources in addition to the weekly reading of the best practices you have discovered in your research on:
- creating a core marketing/advertising strategy
- differentiating elements of this strategy tailored to individual markets and cultures
- integrating traditional and non-traditional sources
- calculating Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI)
- Select at least one product line your team is working with ( Workhorse) and submit a specific marketing plan that contains a:
- Core unified message
- Specific messages to the target customer in each of the countries you are selling into
- Plan for how you will measure the results of your plan.
In the simulation we built a computer for the workhorse customers. We based it off of the following list of their customer needs (the # is how high they rated it):
Easy to use 132
Low price 128
Able to store a lot of data 117
Peace of mind-safe,secure,no hassle 1171
After-sale service and support 115
After-sale service and support 115
Can link with other computers 114
Fast and powerful 113
Fun to use 105
Computer has distinct style/look 101
Monitor is easy on eyes 97
Can efficiently do complex tasks 74
Can use on the road 60
Rubric Unit 3 Assignment:
Creating A Measurable Marketing and Advertising Strategy
Criteria Maximum Points
1. Present a summary incorporating at least three academically credible sources in addition to the weekly reading of the best practices you have discovered in your research on:
● creating a core marketing/advertising strategy
● differentiating elements of this strategy tailored to individual markets and cultures 40
● integrating traditional and non-traditional sources
● calculating Return on Marketing Investment (ROMI)
2. Select one product line your team is working with Workhorse and submit a specific marketing plan that contains a:
● Core unified message
● Specific messages to the target customer in each of the countries you are selling into
● Plan for how you will measure the results of your plan.
3. General Writing and APA Compliance