- When designing facilities, there are many stakeholders who will be affected by its design. It is important to understand that each of the stakeholders will have a unique perspective of the facility based on their role.
Imagine you are a stakeholder (i.e., nurse, physician, patient, family member of patient, or janitorial staff) who will use the facility that was presented by the design team.
Select One stakeholder:
- Family member of patient
- Janitorial staff
Review the facility and consider how the perspective of the stakeholder you selected may be different from another stakeholder, such as a nurse versus a patient. It is important to consider the stakeholder’s role and use of the facility (i.e., who they interact with, functions they perform, and departments they interact with).
Complete the attached Facility Diagram PDF presented by the design team.
- You will notice the doors are missing on the facility presented. Label where you will add doors into rooms.
- Label the rooms in the facility presented.
- Consider adding basic equipment to the space to help you with orientation and use for your stakeholders.
- Complete a flow diagram using the facility diagram you added doors to and label rooms above. Make sure to use your research of FGIs.
- The flow diagram needs to show your stakeholder’s use (flow) of the facility.
- The flow should show the use from dirty to clean and clean to dirty.
- The flow diagram needs to clearly indicate each stakeholder selected. Consider using different markers (i.e., color, shapes).
- Write a 350- to 700-word summary of your review of the facility. Your summary should:
- Identify each stakeholder’s role selected for the flow diagram.
- Discuss whether this space worked or did not work for each stakeholder.
- Identify your cross points. Do they create hubs that could reduce foot traffic?
- Identify whether the flow supports current build of the facility and FGI guidelines.
- Identify 1 possible improvement or alternative that would support sustainable health care facility design and the stakeholder flow in this facility.
- Describe the steps you would take to implement the improvements or alternative designs.
- Identify at least 2 evaluation techniques that are used to measure project success.
- Consider the type of data needed to evaluate success.
- Cite at least 2 reputable references. One reference must be from the journals/magazine listed in the weekly resources (i.e., Modern Healthcare, Healthcare Design). Reputable references include trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality.
- Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.