· The article must be from a credible news source. I highly recommend the Wall Street Journal, as it is available to all COBI students online. Search COBI website for details or contact UTDL.
· The article MUST be related to an INTERNATIONAL business topic. If you are unsure about an article, please contact me and I will be happy to help you.
· The article should be current or less than 3 months old.
The global business environment is changing rapidly. The objective of the GENA is to encourage you to be informed of changes in the global business environment. Your task is to report such news and its implications for theory and practice. By executing this assignment, you will learn to apply theoretical readings to current global news, and understand the implications of current business practices.
This is business writing using professional terms and wording. Avoid using slang and common colloquialisms.
The following format must be used 50 “points” total:
(a) News item, source, date
(b) Concise, brief summary (10 pts.)
(c) Implications for practice (winners/losers) (15 pts.)
· Choose 3 nouns (people. places or things) that “Win” based on the article. See example.
· Choose 3 nouns (people, places or things) that “Lose” based on the article. See example.
(d) Implications for theory (15 pts.)
· Choose 3 terms or concepts from the book and explain how they relate to the article. See examples.
· Ex. Globalization would be a term in the book that applies to most applicable articles.
(e) Future direction/your personal prediction based on reading (10 pts.)
Using this article relating to global news, summarize the article, identify and explain implications for practice and theory (including citing the related concepts from your textbook), and provide your opinion of the future direction the story might take.
Prepare your report according to the instructions below:
Requirements (Here’s what your paper should look like):
Length 2 full pages well-written pages
Single line spacing
Font – Times New Roman size 12pt
USE THESE Headings: Summary, Implications for Practice, Implications for Theory, Future Direction.
Note: Failure to follow instructions, e.g. wrong headings, spacing, not stapled etc. will cost points.