Validation Excel File
1. On the CustomerT tab add a list data validation for the employee last names on the EmployeeT tab:
- Highlight cell range A2:A21 on the CustomerT tab.
- Select the Data Validation option in the Data Tools section of the Data tab.
- On the settings tab, select option List on the Allow option’s drop down menu, click on/place your cursor in the source entry box, select the EmployeeT tab and select cell range A2:A15.
- On the input message tab, create your own title and input message.
- On the error alert tab, create your own title and error message.
- Enter bad values to see how this works. Then fill in all of the Employee Last Name cells with your choice of names from the drop down list and submit your spreadsheet.
Save this spreadsheet with Your Last Name – Excel Homework 4 – Data Validation.xls and submit it.
Intro to Functions File
2. On sheet 1,
- Enter a formula for the number sentence 1+1 in cell A1.
- Enter the formula for 2 X 2 in cell A2.
- Enter the formula for 4 divided by 2 in cell A3.
- Write out the number sentence for adding cells A1 plus A2 in cell C1.
- Test the order of precedence by writing out the formula 2 + 3 X 4 in cell C2.
- Then test the order of precedence writing out the formula (2 + 3) X 4 in cell C3.
- Use the Autosum function to add cell range A1:A3 in cell A4.
- Use the Insert Function feature to autosum cell range C1:C3 in cell C4.
- Use the Insert Function feature to average cell range C1:C4 in Cell C5.
On Sheet 2:
- Write out the SUM function to sum the values in cell range A1:A4 in cell A5.
- Write out the SUM function to sum the values in cell ranges A1:A4 and B1:B4 in cell B5.
- In cell B6 write out the SUM function to sum the values 5, 6 and 7 using commas between them (i.e. no plus signs or range signs).
- In cell C4, write out the SUM function to sum cells C1, C2 and C3 using commas between these cell references (i.e. no plus signs or range signs).
On Sheet 3:
- In cell A6, sum the values of range A1:A5 with the values of range A3:E3 on Sheet 4.
- In cell A8, return the value for PI.
- Copy the value from cell A6 to cell B6, adjust the formula to recreate the value in cell A6, then add the value of Pi to this SUM function to exhibit function nesting.
On Sheet 5:
- Concatenate the first and last name separated by a space for all rows using the CONCATENATE function
- Concatenate the first and last name separated by a space for all rows using the flash fill feature on the data tab.
Save this spreadsheet with Your Last Name – Excel Homework 4 – Intro to Functions and submit it.