ANSWER IN QUESTION AND ANSWER FORMAT AT LEAST 75-150 WORDS PER QUESTION!
1. Many real estate agents today have Web sites that list the properties they have for sale. These agents also advertise the properties on the web sites Realtor.com (Realtor.com, 2012) and sometimes in television ads. However, most real estate agents would tell you that personal contact provides their most important connections with clients, potential clients, and client referral sources. Describe what real estate agents can best accomplish through: Their Web sites, Mass media advertising, and Personal contact.
2. Many towns and small cities have Web sites that they use to interact with their citizens. Describe three departments that should be included on the home page of a small town’s Web site and describe the citizen interactions that should be facilitated by the site for each department. If you were designing the web site – what else would you include? Give examples of how it would benefit the community and its members.
3. Assume you are working for a company that sells music online. The marketing department would like to send e-mails to customers who have purchased music from the Web site. These e-mails would use information about the genres of music customers have purchased in the past and would offer those discounts on new releases in those genres. Discuss your thoughts/feelings about marketing managers using an opt-in statement for permission to send such emails that would appear when customers make their first purchase. Should all businesses/organizations have the opt-in statement? Or should they only have an opt-out statement in which you are automatically enrolled unless you accept/check the out-out statement?
4. Using the Web or other resources, find an article that describes a successful Web service(s) software and the hardware necessary to support this application. Describe how the company implemented Web service(s) software and hardware and explain why using this combination of software and hardware is better than using an alternative approach to solve the problem.
5. Assume you are working for a medium-sized company that sells products on its Web site and that the company keeps the computers that run its Web server, database server, and transaction processing server in the office next to yours. Describe what a biometric security device is and explain how your employer might use one to more of these devices to protect its servers.
6. Explain why IT projects (such as Web site development or redesign) are less likely to be delivered on time and within budget than large building construction projects. Include a discussion of how project management software can help IT project managers achieve their goals.