Assess employees’ readiness for change.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You are the Organizational Development Manager for a retail electronics company. The CEO has just announced that your organization is going to create a new people-focused approach to sales. In this new approach, employees will be expected not to focus on selling the highest-priced product but instead acting as consultants to the customers to determine what product to buy and how it should be installed. This customer service approach is a radical departure from the earlier model, and it will require employees to learn and model different behaviors and interactions with customers. This approach will be fully launched in six months.
As part of the change implementation plan, the VP of HR has tasked you with creating the communication management plan. She stresses the importance of this plan to you, as an ineffective communication plan often leads to the failure to implement the change initiative fully.
Prepare a written communication management plan that:
- Establishes the frequency of communications needed to break down resistance to change, and the mediums through which communications will be sent.
- Identifies who is responsible for assessing employees’ readiness for change and for communicating change to employees.
- Identifies and segments the key audiences for the communications.
- Provides the details of what content will be communicated, as well as the purpose and strategy used for each communication.
- Details how a feedback loop will be implemented to ensure communications are being received, understood, and enabling employee buy-in to the change initiative.
- Provides attribution for credible sources used in the written communication management plan.