SCHOOL-BASED HEALTH PROGRAMS AND HEALTH CARE SERVICES
For this assignment, you will respond to questions regarding school health programs. Please answer these questions:
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of school-based health programs. Be sure to distinguish the difference between a basic, expanded, and comprehensive school health program.
- List “the 8” components of coordinated school health programs. How are they interconnected and why are they important?
- Define the roles of Education and Public Health Departments. Should Public health departments provide primary medical care? How “bright” is the line between public health and personal health within the context of a public school district? Do they or should they overlap?
- Discuss the new directions of school-based health care services and the key programmatic characteristics of school-based health care services.
- Generally discuss how the Healthy People 2020 goal to “Increase the quality, availability, and effectiveness of educational and community-based programs designed to prevent disease and improve health and quality of life” impacts the role of education and public health departments to work with the schools.
Length: Your paper should be 4-5 pages, APA format, requires scholarly sources, use subheadings.
(see attachment for required sources to be used in the paper)