Please use CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS in all of your assignments for maximum point credit. Support your personal thoughts / ideas with factual data (Examples: text theory, case facts, experience — business or personal. ) This factual support gives credibility to your writing.
WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT QUESTIONS
- Submit your answers to the following questions. Be sure to answer all question parts.
- Answer Chapter 1 Question #1 (see footnote 1 below) and Question #13 (p. 53)
- Read Chapter 1 Gerber case (pp. 56-68) and answer Question #2 (see footnote 2 below) (p. 59)
- Answer Chapter 2 Question #14 (p. 102)
- Read Chapter 2 case: “Can Six Sigma Work in Health Care?” (p. 107) and answer the (3) questions at end of case (p. 107)
- Answer Chapter 4 Questions #1 and #11 (pp. 199-200)
- (1) Ignore the printed Question #1 and answer this question instead: Identify (6) of Deming’s 14 Points for Management (pp. 28-32) that you believe are demonstrated in the organizational practices and employee behaviors of Bronson Methodist Hospital (BMH) [pp. 3-5]. For each Deming Point chosen, write at least one sentence describing the point in your own words and at least one additional sentence regarding how that point is demonstrated. State SPECIFIC CASE FACTS — not generalizations – to support your thoughts and maximize earning full point credit.
- (2) Ignore the printed Question #2 and answer this question instead: For each of the (6) TQ principles discussed in Chapter 1 (pp. 36-48), write at least one sentence regarding how that principle is demonstrated in the organizational practices and employee behaviors of Gerber. Use SPECIFIC CASE FACTS — not generalizations — to support your thoughts and maximize earning full point credit.
WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT CRITERIA (apply to Module Short Answer Assignments):
- 4) 1″ margins (you may need to reset your margins)
- Size 12 font
- No minimum / maximum length requirements. Focus is completeness & quality of response.
- Single space or double space within a given answer; double space between answers. (If a question has multi-part answers, please note this by additional line spacing, labeling answer parts such as “1A, 1B” , or underlining a key word at the beginning of each answer part.)
- Paraphrase text references rather than direct copy unless a direct quote is intentionally being used.
- Direct quoting the text requires quotation marks around the quote immediately followed by an in-text citation. The in-text citation consists of placing in parentheses the author’s name and text page number containing the referenced quoted content. Example: “People define quality in many ways” (Evans 6).
- Title page not required. Put your name and other identifying information at the top of page 1.
- A references page is not required as the text is your only required resource. However, including references from other publications for short-answer questions will require a works cited page and additional in-text citations.