From the 5 research topics you chose, brainstorm, research, and narrow your focus to ONE topic. Using the guiding questions below, write an overview of the topic and why you chose it:
- Why is the topic interesting to you?
- Is this a problem that you have encountered before and tried to “fix”? If so, what worked and what did not?
- Do you see this as a common issue?
- Is this a problem that you can solve? Do you think you have the skills to solve the problem?
- Are there people to whom you can turn for advice?
- What would it mean to you to solve the problem?
- Note that you do not have to use all of the questions but you must offer a clear explanation of your chosen topic, why it is important to you, why do you want to do something about it, etc.