Create an essay and format it using APA.
Step one. Pick an article. This is the article you will use for your essay.
Step two. Read the article and annotated it.
Step three. Create a summary response.
Outline for the summary response
- Summary paragraph
- Introduce the title of the text, author, and year of publication:
- Summarize main idea and major details essential to understanding the work. (Objective – no opinion):
- Create a thesis containing your opinion regarding the article:
- To generate a thesis, ask questions concerning speaker, context, and message.
- What are its strengths and weaknesses?
- What about the subject matter is of current interest?
- What is the overall value of the passage?
- Response paragraph
- Create a topic sentence that is broad enough to cover what you will talk about in this paragraph.
- Develop several major details that support your thesis.
- Avoid introducing your ideas by stating, “I think” or “in my opinion.” Keep the focus on the subject of your analysis, not on yourself. Identifying your opinions weakens them.
- Use at least one quote from the text. Use APA style.
- Create a Reference(s) page using the handout below or Purdue Owl.
Step four. Ensure your essay is formatted in APA. Create a cover page, title, and Reference(s) page.
*the file attached is to help you create the reference page*